Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Debutante


This is him. I made him for Nick's 25th birthday. My little one calls him "the sea turtle". The pattern is from Softies: Simple Instructions for 25 Plush Pals. If you haven't already, check that book out! The creatures are beyond adorable and there are patterns for all skill levels. The pattern called for a larger eye, but this one was the largest available at Joann.

Since I was making him for a grown man, I chose olive green and white fur rather than the suggested black-and-white-tipped green and turquoise furs. I thought an orange tutu would be about as manly as a tutu could be.

I think Nick likes him. He stuffed him in his shirt immediately after opening the gift. That's a positive reaction, right? =] He also said the the Debutante looked pretty manly and that he wears the tutu because he likes it and is comfortable enough in his manhood to not care what others might think about it.

Success.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this SO MUCH.

Unknown said...

This is Skydowntown internet shopping mall. We sell handmade products. We are interested in your handmade items. We will appreciate if you email us to info@skydowntown.com including your email address that we can contact you.