I just made this hat thing based on Knitty: Winter 2006 - calorimetry pattern, but like double the size. I still plan on making another that is made directly from the pattern, but it's getting dang cold here and I needed a good head coverin'. I used dive Autumno 100% Merino Wool.
- I love how it crosses in the back rather than just buttoning at the tips.
- I like how it covers most of my head, leaving whatever sweet hair-do I'm sporting exposed.
- I like how I could wear it with a ponytail.
- The wrapping/unwrapping feature is good for no f-ing up a sweet hair-do.
- MY EARS STAY WARM AND I DON'T GET A COLD WEATHER INDUCED HEADACHE!!!!!!!