Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pillow Case Project Day 1


I recently bought a great memory foam body pillow and decided this would be the perfect opportunity for a small quilting project. The pillow measures 50 inches long by 19 inches wide by 11 inches deep.
I am using a quilt from the Denyse Schmidt Quilts book called Flock of Triangles. Mine will be a different size, but the design will be the same. I have picked out at least 4 fabrics that I will use for sure, and two more that I may throw in. Three of the fabrics I already have on hand, as you can see in the pictures; a cream colored Kona Cotton, and two awesome prints by Kaffe Fassett. I ordered two more colors of Kona Cotton from Reprodepot, along with a print that I ADORE and I hope will match the color scheme. When they arrive, I will take more pictures!
I used my rotary tool to make quick work of the triangles. I cut 10 inch squares, cut those into 4 smaller squares, and cut those squares in half. That's it!
Tune in for updates :o)


No comments: