Sunday, December 16, 2007

Butterstick

Okay, it's not the real Butterstick, but it's almost as cute. This little purse was inspired by Molly Chicken. I am delighted that a good idea can turn one dollar's worth of fabric and two hours into something so wonderful.
I used cream and black felt, cream and black embroidery thread, a small piece of fabric for the lining, and one small snap. That's it! I did a blanket stitch around the arms and legs and ears (they are all two layers of felt). I sewed the three sides together inside out on the sewing machine (make sure your arms and legs and ears facing inside when you do this!). Then I turned it right side out, and manually blanket stitched the felt to the lining on the open side, getting the arm in there. Then I added a tiny snap and I was done! I love love love this project. Thank you Molly Chicken!


1 comment:

Norah said...

That is so cute!!! I love it!!