Wednesday, December 26, 2007

teapot cozy

Now that the cozy has been received, I can blog about it! I scoured the internet looking for a nice teapot cozy that a person would not be embarrassed to display in their home. I found very few patterns that met this simple criteria. Knit or crochet, it did not matter to me! I first found this pattern which I figured I could modify to me more post-millennium-dweller friendly. No poodle, or rad flowers? The hook size was European but I found a conversion chart to US size and immediately began crocheting away. About 3 rows in, I decided that the color combo would not work and that the thing was coming out WAY too big. I frogged it. I'm not using a different hook, I'm going to find a better pattern, written in the last 20 years.

My search brought me to this beauty over at Lullabies and Lace. The instructions were great, I had no trouble getting through the pattern.
The cozy is completely awesome.

I cannot neglect to mention the help that was extended by the "boy in the house" over there. With a simple email, the dimensions of the teapot needing a cozy were relayed along with a nice description. This was a world of help since I have no teapot and am not familiar with the sizes and whatnot. I mean, I just started drinking tea like 2-3 weeks ago!! Geez!

Since I have no teapot to model the cozy, I'll leave it to Ms. Floatytoes to edit this post and add a photo as soon as humanly possible. I forgot to photograph it while I was there, staring at it. I am so proud and elated that my good friends actually like it! =]

1 comment:

Norah said...

Cute pattern--can't wait to see how it turned out!