Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Inspired to quilt!



After reading Anna Maria's post today about the Uncommon Quilter book, I was inspired to do the quilt I want to do, mostly because I was reminded that you can take baby steps to eventually create something grand.


I told my friend Marissa about a dream I had, where I created a huge quilt (big enough for my California King sized bed) that was covered with gnomes and forests and gnome homes (I like that - gnome homes).


Of course, the quilt I envisioned looked like it would take a lifetime.


BUT!


If I did one panel per week, 4 per month, that would be 48 panels in a year, which would be a 8x6 quilt. I have to figure out how big each panel will be, but you get the idea. By the end of the year I should have my gnome fantasy quilt!

1 comment:

Norah said...

Wow! That will really be something, and it sounds really doable if you do one block a week like that. Are you going to piece the gnomes? Will each one be different, or....? However you do it, it'll be totally cool!