Monday, December 3, 2007

Totes, revisited

I was so in love with the totes that Marissa made that I had to make some of my own. I am incredibly happy about how they came out, I was giddy while finishing them. The only change I made to the pattern was to do alternating straps (to match the lining). I didn't get a picture of the insides but the bags are lined with the same fabric as the handles. I love the fabrics and now I have started to venture into the 'home decor' section of fabric shops....I never had a need before! Getting that stuff on sale is a big plus, it can be dreadfully expensive. The one tip I would give to anyone is to match up the handles on the bottom of the bag (see picture) so when they are sewed together it looks like one continuous line. If the handles are the same fabric, you won't really notice, but you surely will if it is an alternating pattern. Did I mention I was in love with these totes?

1 comment:

Norah said...

Those are so cool, and I love the way you matched the lining to the straps!