Saturday, December 22, 2007

cookies and coffee


Eight years ago, when I first started working for Starbucks, I found I could take coffee gift packs as my free pound for the week. So, I took the little 2.5 oz Christmas Blend bags (I could take 6, even though that was one ounce short of a pound) and stock piled them in my moms kitchen cabinet for a month or however long they were available for. I didn't really know what to do with them but then decided to bake chocolate chip cookies to go with the coffee. I packed up the goods in little plastic tin-like containers and my mom shipped them off to whoever they were going to, I think mostly my dad's family. I got a report back from my mom that my grandma opened her package and immediately brewed a pot of the coffee and then sat there and ate all of the cookies and drank the whole pot of coffee in one sitting (they are BIG coffee drinkers). I thought that was so awesome. My mostly homemade gift was a success! So this year I decided to do the same thing but on a smaller scale, just for the men in my immediate family because I had no idea what else to make for them. And minus the Starbucks (it gets expensive when you don't work there! geez). So, the pictures are of my cookie dough and the finished cookies. Yum!! I'll edit to add the coffees and tins later.

No comments: