Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Cookies and stitches

Last night I was graced with a bag of butterscotch chips, and decided to do something I almost never do...make the recipe on the back of the package! They were oatmeal butterscotch cookies, nice and crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, I cut out about a third of the sugar. Before and after pictures:



Then I started a new hankie project, intended for my mom for Christmas. I used a template from Sublime Stitching. You can barely make out the design on the fabric, with her initials (t.q.) and I am very happy with the color I chose. Although these hankies always turn out nice, they are very delicate and probably will never be used as intended. I am now on the hunt for a nice handkerchief weight linen that can be both dainty and practical. Here it is so far:

No comments: