Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Finally I can post pictures of the doll! It was Mateo's birthday last weekend, and this is what I made him. The pattern is from Wee Wonderfuls, for the little boy named Archie. It took about 2 weeks or so, and doing the bottom and the legs lent to hours of cursing. Well, maybe minutes. Here he is making friends with Phoebe:
Here is the back where you can see the acorn backpack, also from Wee Wonderfuls.
I used kona cotton for the face and hands, wool for the body and arms, poly blend for the legs, and regular craft felt for the hair, eyes, and shoes. With this project I learned how to do stitches in the middle of the face without leaving a visible starting knot! Of course, I learned the hard way, and here is a great tutorial posted just a few days later.
Oh! I almost forgot. I stitched up this card on the way to Portland :o)