Wednesday, November 14, 2007

sunglasses cozy


This is my sunglasses cozy so I don't lose the suckers in my gigantic bag. It is stretchy since its a knit so should accommodate even Paris Hilton's sunglasses! So, here's how to make it! I used size 9 needles and Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Earth & Sky.


Cast on 22 stitches

Work even in stockinette stitch until piece measures 7-1/2"

Bind off 11 stitches

Work even with remaining 11 stitches in stockinette, forming a flap, until the whole piece measures 10-1/2" in length.

Bind off remaining 11 stitches, fasten off.
Fold the piece in half lengthwise with right sides together. Sew bottom and side up to where flap begins and fasten off.
Weave in loose ends.
Can be finished with a button or velcro to keep flap closed.

If you want to keep nicer glasses in this cozy, I would suggest using something softer than Super Saver.

The End!

No comments: